Friday 4 November 2011

Good news!

Well. Day... er... 4 of NaNoWriMo. And I'm at 6000-and-something words, hoping to be more by the end of the day. So far it's going well - more fun than anything I've written for a while, mainly because I feel liberated from the pressure of wanting it to be good. Although obviously I would prefer it to be good...

Then again, my writing buddies are dangerously close to getting ahead of me, if they aren't already. So there is that pressure to counterbalance the whole freedom-from-quality-control thing. Never mind. Hopefully they will have a big stumble over the weekend and drop horribly behind. :)

But one of the other nice things about NaNoWriMo is that procrastination is acknowledged as part of the writing experience. Which meant that I spent twenty minutes this morning burning CDs for the Great NaNoWriMo CD swap without feeling guilty. Well, not too guilty. It's almost the same as writing, right? And I'm so excited about getting some back...

Anyway. I didn't mean to blog about NaNoWriMo, mainly because I don't have very much to say - but I wanted to procrastinate some more share some good news with you: Tyme's End has been longlisted for the Carnegie Medal! I'm very pleased. Any mention in a long or indeed short list is great, but the Carnegie is particularly special. And doesn't require your characters to die, necessarily.

So. Back to the grind.

Writeordie, by the way, is feeling a bit hardcore for me right now. Maybe I should create a similar program called writeorhaveacupofcoffee.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment